Looking for a simple, last-minute dessert recipe to complete your Easter spread? Kowalski’s Markets has you covered with a decadent cake that will take your spring spirits to a coconut-flavored cloud nine.
1 cup coconut cream
3 Tbsp. superfine sugar
1½ tsp. coconut extract (or coconut-flavored rum), divided
½ tsp. vanilla extract
7 oz. (½ can) sweetened condensed milk
2½ Tbsp. coconut milk
1 Kowalski’s pound cake or angel food cake, sliced 1 inch thick
Pineapple-Rum Sauce (recipe below)
Optional garnishes: toasted coconut, crushed Kowalski’s coconut bistro meringues
1. In a mixing bowl, whip coconut cream until soft peaks almost form. Slowly whisk in sugar until dissolved and soft peaks form.
2. Whisk in 1 tsp. coconut extract and vanilla extract. Set aside.
3. In a small dish, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk and remaining coconut extract.
4. Spoon 1 Tbsp. milk sauce onto each plate.
5. Place 2 slices cake atop sauce then top evenly with Pineapple-Rum Sauce. Drizzle with additional sauce to taste.
6. Garnish with coconut whipped cream, toasted coconut and crushed cookies.
1. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 1½ cups water, ½ cup Kowalski’s pure honey, ¼ cup sugar, and 3 Tbsp. dark or coconut-flavored rum.
2. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until sugar melts and syrup thickens slightly.
3. Add 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, until pineapple is tender and syrup is thick.
4. Cool slightly before serving.