998 East Shady Lane, Wayzata
Get a rare look inside an interior designer’s own home.
After living in their dark, cramped 1970s lake house for nearly a decade, interior designer Katie Bassett and her husband, Marty, commissioned Peterssen/Keller Architecture and McDonald Remodeling to transform it into a light, airy, casually glamorous home.
Katie Bassett’s Style
• White shiplap paneling, white cabinetry and black enameled doors throughout
• Glamorous lighting, colorful rugs, original paintings and photographs
• A mix of new custom furnishings, antiques and treasured objects
• The spacious kitchen with black soapstone countertops, an oversize center island and a pass-through serving station to the screened porch
• Storage built into the staircase
• The luxurious master suite
• The soundproof media room
• Guest suites, complete with a coffee station and matching bathrooms featuring striking black-and-white boat wallpaper