Nearly every automaker has taken a stab at crafting the most luxurious SUV on the road. Upping the ante, GMC recently rolled out a top-of-the-line trim level to the Yukon and Yukon XL models: the Denali Ultimate Black Edition. Packed with premium materials, state-of-the-art technology and advanced safety features, it does not disappoint. Plus, it’s as comfortable out and about in the North Loop as it is on an adventure to the shores of Lake Minnetonka.
Finished in a luxe Onyx Black paint, the Ultimate Black Edition has a striking appearance. The key exterior styling differentiators are the 22-inch, seven-spoke, black-painted wheels with chrome inserts, which give the SUV an undeniable appeal. Other highlights include power-retractable assist steps, an advanced security system, and adaptive cruise control with forward automatic braking.
Under the hood, the strong 6.2-liter V8 engine and 10-speed automatic transmission make for a smooth and efficient unit. When it comes to towing, the Yukon XL can handle up to 8,100 pounds. The rear cargo area is particularly generous, and the power-folding third-row seats allow for even more space — perfect for weekday errands or weekend excursions up to the cabin.
Inside, the luxury and attention to detail are evident. Mastique Ash wood trim and Mulan leather appointments create an inviting atmosphere. Overhead are a massive retractable sunroof and large drop-down Blu-ray/DVD screens for second- and third-row passengers to enjoy. The infotainment center, meanwhile, is intuitive and comes equipped with coveted technology like Apple Carplay1 and Android Auto2 compatibility.
While the abundant luxury is visually apparent, the SUV’s most important elements remain unseen: the impressive built-in safety features. GMC is one of few automakers to offer a rear-seat reminder.3 This clever system recognizes when the rear doors have been opened prior to starting the SUV. Once the final destination is reached, audible and visible alerts remind the driver to check the rear seats before exiting the vehicle. Other state-of-the-art features can be found throughout, showcasing that safety is ultimately at the core of the Yukon XL Denali Ultimate Black Edition.
• Starting at $72,3004
• 6.2-liter V8 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission
• 420 horsepower
• EPA-estimated combined fuel economy of 17 mpg (two-wheel drive)
• Towing capacity up to 8,100 pounds (two-wheel drive)5
• 22-inch seven-spoke black-painted wheels with chrome inserts
• HID projector headlamps
• Available 4G LTE Wi-Fi® Hotspot capability6
• 10-speaker Bose surround-sound system
• Perforated heated and ventilated leather-appointed front seats
1. Vehicle user interface is a product of Apple, and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible iPhone. Data plan rates apply. Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc. Siri, iPhone and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries.
2. Vehicle user interface is a product of Google, and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires the Android Auto app on Google Play and an Android-compatible smartphone running Android™ 5.0 Lollipop or higher. Data plan rates apply. Android Auto is a trademark of Google LLC.
3. Does not detect people or items. Always check the rear seat before exiting.
4. MSRP. Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra.
5. Before you buy a vehicle or use it for trailering, carefully review the trailering section of the owner’s manual. The weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories may reduce the amount you can tow.
6. Service varies with conditions and location. Requires active service plan and paid AT&T data plan. See onstar.com for details and limitations.