Heralded in our spring 2019 food + wine issue as the food of the future, cricket protein is more than just a trend. It’s an insanely healthy alternative when choosing a snack or supplement to help you get through your day. Leading the way of this chirping movement, 3 Cricketeers, Minnesota’s first family-owned cricket farm, has gifted us with a delicious cookie recipe that satisfies sweet tooth cravings while packing a significant protein punch. Join the cricket movement by trying this easy peasy (and tasty) recipe today.
1 cup butter
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
½ cup cricket flour
1½ cups all-purpose flour
⅔ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 12-oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs until light and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flours, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
4. In small increments, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
5. Mix in chocolate chips.
6. Drop batter by rounded teaspoon onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool cookies slightly on cookie sheet then transfer to a wire rack.