If a trip to the Galápagos Islands isn’t on your bucket list, I highly suggest adding it — then moving it right to the top. Seven nights on MV Origin, a 20-passenger yacht, is once-in-a-lifetime. The thoughtful, eco-driven itinerary boasts a variety of activities and adventures deserving of a discerning packing list. Here’s mine:
- Wildcare Purple Majesty Lavender Hydrosol: Adventure and travel are hard on your skin, especially when you are in and out of the ocean all day. I packed this mist to combat dryness from travel, swimming and time in the sun. This plant-based hydrosol is 100% organic and highly concentrated; a couple sprays were enough to calm any inflammation and balance my skin’s pH. It’s also great for unwinding for a good night’s sleep.
- A trusty one-piece: This Lisa Marie Fernandez “Farrah” neoprene swimsuit is perfect for swimming and snorkeling. It is a new take on the classic Bond girl look. It’s lightweight and quick-drying, so you will have no issue diving in multiple times a day.
- Hats: Don’t forget to pack a hat for every occasion. I like traveling with the new Hat Make Lemonade Sombrero because it can be folded and rolled for easy packing. It’s the perfect hat for a siesta on the sun deck. I also recommend the ExOfficio BugsAway Adventure Hat for hiking. It provides maximum sun protection and comes complete with built-in bug repellent, SPF 30 and a clip-on strap — perfection.
- Outdoor Voices hoodie: Perfect for long travel and challenging hikes alike. This hoodie is breathable and lightweight but somehow shifts to keep you warm when you don’t get a blanket on your red eye home.
- Arcona Wine Oil: Wine is not just for happy hour! This oil is packed with antioxidants found in the skin of red grapes. It is an absolute must for layering under sunscreen during the day and rehydrating skin overnight.
- Supergoop!: Pack as much of this incredible sunscreen as you can fit in your bag. The Antioxidant-Infused Sunscreen Mist with Vitamin C is easiest to apply on the fly. The formula combats photoaging and reverses signs of sun damage. The Skin Soothing Mineral Sunscreen with Olive Polyphenols SPF 40 is great for sensitive skin. It works like a regular moisturizer with no white film.